Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Technician
ERP International is seeking a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Technician for a full-time position at Nellis AFB, NV. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, LTD/STD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Matching 401K!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX – plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran.
Duty Hours: Work schedule shall be between the hours of 0630 – 1700 Monday – Friday, to include a one-hour uncompensated meal break as determined by the clinical department. – 8 or 10 hours shifts
On-Call: regular rotation required,with minimal call-back
Core Cardiac Catheterization Technician Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following;
• Perform duties within the scope of practice determined by didactic, laboratory, and clinical technological education and registration.
• Review and/or record pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data.
• Perform appropriate clinical procedures and obtain a record of anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
• Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic services.
• Participate in interventional cardiovascular catheterization and/or cardiac electrophysiology procedures, including balloon angioplasty, stent insertion, radiofrequency ablation, and pacemaker and/or implantable defibrillator insertion.
• Perform a full range of diagnostic ultrasound examinations.
• Operate equipment identified in the TO. Perform daily warm up and assigned quality control checks of the equipment
• Receive patients and explain procedures, providing humane and appropriate care and communication to alleviate fear of examination. Correctly position the patient for the examination and make adjustments necessary for the required examination.
• Input key test data and patient information into computer of equipment to maintain record of test results.
• Identify abnormalities during testing and determine the need for additional scans of affected area.
• Recognize anatomic variants and determine which other area(s) of the body should be scanned.
• Maintain and clean equipment on a regular basis in accordance with MTF policy. Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required for diagnostic procedures. Recommend necessary repairs when diagnostic quality is degraded.
Cardiac Catheterization Technician Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following;
Provide clinical assistance in the cardiac catheterization lab.
Set up the lab for procedure.
Assist the cardiologist during procedures.
Provide assistance in other cardiopulmonary service areas at the discretion of the Cardiology Element Chief.
Educate and train new cardiac catheterization lab technicians.
Maintain cardiac catheterization lab supplies.
Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies for the cardio service.
Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
Provide patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
* Education: Graduate from a Registered Cardiovascular Technician Certification (RCVT) program.
* Experience: Two year minimum experience as a Cardiovascular Technologist. Must have worked full time or part time as a professional Cardiac Catheterization Tech for at least 12 months in the last 24 months.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.