Skip to content
Tech, Cath Lab
- Performs direct and indirect functions in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Assists all Physicians/staff with clinical and technical aspects of cardiovascular care performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Scrubs monitors and circulates in all invasive procedures in the Cath lab and IVR.
(Invasive/surgical and interventional procedures) inventory control.
- Able to function on all cardiac alerts and STEMI cases.
- Assesses physical, psychosocial, and growth and development needs of the patient, completes pre, intra and post procedure assessment, informs nurse/MD of any changes in patient s condition.
- Develops a plan of care for procedure being performed, plan of care is individualized to include specific patient problems, needs and scheduled procedure.
- Provides teaching and guidance to patient and/or family as well as staff members.
- Able to execute x-ray for desired views- abdominal aorta gram, runoff, division, storing and printing images, sets priorities for care of patients based on patient s needs and resources available, identifies and performs appropriately in emergency patient care solutions.
- Knowledge of set up and monitoring of IABP, assists with set-up, insertion and care of temporary and permanent pacemakers.
- Required: BS in Radiology or equivalent. Basic EKG course
- Required: 6 months in Cath Lab/Cardiac Intervention Lab.
- Preferred: 1 year experience providing cardiac cath, radiology care
- Required: BLS. ACLS within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred: RCIS certification