Special Procedures Rad Tech
The Special Procedures Rad Tech performs routine and specific specialized radiographic procedures at a level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail under the direction of a Physician. IV administration of contrast is required.
Job duties include the following; (other duties as assigned)
- Performs Interventional, therapeutic, and vascular procedures under the direct supervision of Cardiologist or Vascular Surgeon.
- Performs IV injections using safe sterile technique.
- Responds to emergency call back if assigned.
- Assists with orientation of new staff and students
- Keeps area supplied and clean.
- Monitors vital signs as necessary
- Maintains crash cart.
- Preps patient’s skin utilizing sterile technique
- Prepares for exams by checking charts for all appropriate information pre-scheduling and/or pre- procedure as applicable.
Education and Experience
The individual must be a graduate of a recognized Radiologic Technologist program or meet clinical experience, didactic course work and alternative eligibility as specified in the ARRT application for certification instructions. Cath Lab or Interventional skills preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The individual must be licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist, certified by the ARRT as a Radiologic Technologist, and maintain annual renewal/registration with the certifying organization. If registry eligible by the ARRT, employee must be certified within 6 months of hire to avoid termination.