RN- Cath Lab Per Diem – HPAE RN
Provide direct nursing care to patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic adult cardiac catheterization procedures. Ensure open and effective channels of communication with patients, family/caregivers and all health care team members involved in the pre/intra/post-care of adult cardiac catheterization patients. Procedures include (but are not limited to): angioplasty, coronary stents, balloon valvuloplasty, Swan Ganz/right heart catheterization, and pericardiocentesis.
• Transport patient to/from pre-post recovery and/or inpatient unit.
• Administer intravenous and oral medications to patients.
• Manage patients under procedural sedation.
• Operate physiologic recorder and printer to monitor electrocardiogram and hemodynamic data. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair.
• Operate intra-aortic balloon. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair.
• Operate Impella. Troubleshoot equipment issues and/or initiate repair
• Actively monitor patient during adult cardiac catheterization procedures (vitals, etc.). Participate in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation as needed.
• Ensure adequate levels of all supplies are available in all procedural room(s). Stock as needed.
• Demonstrate competency in the following: angioplasty, coronary stents, balloon valvuloplasty, Swan Ganz/right heart cath, pericardiocentesis, intra-aortic balloon pumps, Impella, and recognition of cardiac rhythms.
• Apply nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health, illness, and procedure.
• Positively collaborate and coordinate the continuum of care within a multi-disciplinary team and across divisions/units.
• Perform patient care according to patient priority (includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses), and departmental, divisional, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Document/report interventions and patient/family response. Follows universal precautions.
• Follow policies and procedures in accordance with regulations set forth by Hudson Regional Hospital Department of Nursing.
• Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility; pride in work performed; flexibility in acceptance of Performs and documents ongoing assessments including observation, physical examination, laboratory/test results, and patient response to procedural intervention.
• Incorporates patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
• Coordinates and documents appropriate discharge planning and referrals to ensure continuity of care after discharge.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Experience providing direct nursing care in cardiovascular and/or OR within last 6 months required.
Demonstrated history of positive and professional interactions with patients, families, professional health care staff, and interdisciplinary team members via written, verbal and in-person communication(s).
Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment while functioning in a multi-disciplinary team.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
BSN preferred or other RN degree working toward BSN.
RN license in state of New Jersey
Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)