RN, Cath Lab IR, Special Procedures
Adventist Health Castle is the only organization in Hawaii to have received the Baldrige National Quality Award. This award is the highest level of national recognition for performance excellence that a U.S. organization can receive.
Located in Kailua, Adventist Health Castle is a 160-bed hospital and network of eleven community care clinics comprising of dental, primary and specialty care in Kailua, Kaneohe, Kapolei and Laie. Adventist Health Castle focuses on providing patient-centered healthcare in a caring environment, close to home, that extends beyond medical center and medical office walls.
Delivers coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing staff, and coordinates care with other disciplines while utilizing critical thinking, professional and supervisory discretion, and independent judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN): Preferred
- Acute care facility experience: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS OR HS-BLS OR RQIBLS) certification: Required
Department Specific License/Certifications:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Healthstream Advanced Cardiac Life Support (HS-ACLS) or RQIACLS: Required
- Collects relevant data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and care issues. Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain outcomes. Implements the plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Evaluates progress toward attaining outcomes. Identifies outcomes for the patient or the patient’s situation.
- Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment. Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members. Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
- Participates in discharge planning in order to provide continuity of care.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of healthcare team members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.