RN-Cardiac Cath Lab
- Call is required one week night per week along with every 5th weekend.
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the peri operative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required