RN Acute-Cardiac Cath Lab Prep & Recovery/Cardiology Service
- FLSA Non-Exempt
- Scheduled Hours/Shift Days
The Registered Nurse, in conjunction with other team members, provides direct specialized care to patients in the Cardiology Services Unit (CSU). Specialized clinical functions include femoral and radial site management including sheath removal as well as nursing care during and after some non-invasive cardiac testing including transesophageal echo and cardioversion. Successfully functions as a Registered Nurse as defined in Iowa Nursing Regulations and Practice Act. Provides nursing care for patients and families and maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at Unity Point Health St. Luke’s Sioux City within the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other caregivers. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
$10,000.00 Sign on bonus!
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Femoral and radial procedural site management including sheath removal.
- Care of patient during and following invasive, non-invasive, moderate sedation, cardiac testing including but not limited to transesophageal echo and cardioversion.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
- Under the nursing license, the RN provides indirect and direct supervision to Patient Care Techs.
Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
|Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
|Graduate of accredited nursing program||BSN degree|
|6 months of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.||Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience in critical care or telemetry|
|Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification or obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
|Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
|Position may require on-call shifts.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.