Registered Nurse – Cath Lab (Days)
*$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Job Title: Registered Nurse – Cath Lab
Responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state licensure. BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS certification required upon hire. PALS certification required upon hire for RN’s working in the Emergency Department. Basic Arrhythmia Exam will be given upon orientation and must pass with 85% rate to show competency.
- Experience: Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred. RNs with less than one year experience in acute care will be considered a new graduate.
Cath Lab –
- Performs patient assessments pre, peri, and post procedure.
- Maintains a safe, aseptic environment in the Cath Lab.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains competent knowledge of all procedures and adheres to procedure protocol.
- Assists all personnel, patients, and physicians as needed.
- Assures that all supplies are available.
- Able to operate and maintains equipment in good working order.
- Participates in the total maintenance of the department.
- Ensures that patient has an H & P documented by a physician according to appropriate standards prior to procedure.
- Settles patient after procedures and provides accepting RN with concise reports on the patient.
Patient Care –
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according to patient’s progress and/or unit protocols and age – specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policy and within age -specific parameters.
- Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
At Bakersfield Heart Hospital, our patients are family. Healthcare is constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the bedside. If you share our values, we want to hear from you!
Competitive Pay. Full Suite of Benefits.
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our team members and patients. Therefore, we require that all team members receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October – March each year), etc. as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
*Sign On Bonus – RN’s with two or more years experience are qualified. Additional details provided upon offer. (Terms and conditions apply)