Cardiac Cath Lab Technician
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate assists the primary operating physician to perform cardiac catheterization and selected diagnostic procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between clinical staff and families
- Provide assessment, treatment and patient care to patients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab with knowledge of patient growth and development and is appropriate to the ages of the patient served assists with patient and family education
- Assist with care of patients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab, including Cardiac Catheterization, Ablation, and peripheral vascular procedures
- Keep current on best practice standards new technological and research in cardiology and endovascular fields
- Ensure post procedure data is complete accurate and documented according to Cath Lab and Hospital protocol
- Assist the primary physician to perform procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology or 2 years of formal training as a cardiovascular technologist or graduate of an AMA approved Radiology Technology Program
- Experience as a Radiology technologist
- AART Radiology Technology registration
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- One plus years as a Cardiovascular and/or Cardiac Catheterization Lab Tech preferred
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
For the complete position description and to apply, visit https://jobs.nyulangone.org/job/11888568/cardiac-cath-laboratory-technician-brooklyn-ny/#tab-id-3
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment.