Radiologic Technologist – Cardiovascular Interventional Tech (Cath Lab)
Welcome! We’re excited you’re considering an opportunity with us! To apply to this position and be considered, click the Apply button located above this message and complete the application in full. Below, you’ll find other important information about this position.
To perform as a technologist and assist the physician with patients who have had a variety of invasive cardiac procedures including but not limited to diagnostic heart catheterization, interventional cardiac procedures, electrophysiological, device implantations, and peripheral vascular procedures. Turn on/off Radiology equipment, operate power injectors and manipulate interventional table top when requested.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
1. Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
2. Current West Virginia Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Technologist License.
3. Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
1. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
1. Two (2) years of experience in a Catherization or Hybrid lab.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
1 Obtains and prepares medications under direct Physician order for procedure
2. Observes sterile technique while assembling supplies necessary for physician and other lab personnel involved to scrub and enter the lab without infraction 100% of the time
3. Continuously monitors patient’s ECG and blood pressure and documenting and advising the Physician of any and all activity in an accurate and timely manner and providing documentation that will become part of the patient’s permanent record
4. Answers the phone in the cardiac catheterization or vascular laboratory’s in a courteous manner and timely fashion, identifying unit and self at all times
5. Coordinates the laboratory’s procedural schedule/load with patient demand and physician schedules
6. Participates in the on-call rotation of the laboratory and remaining available for emergent procedures 24 hours a day
7. Acts as the laboratory’s code team by initiating resuscitative measures and cardiac defibrillators under the direct supervision of the physician in charge
8. Correctly documents all procedures performed and utilizes the inventory control system that is established. Correctly bills for all procedures by using the EMR for documentation. Assists with inventory counts.
9. Participates in educational and in-service opportunities to enhance the level of patient care received in the department.
10. Escorts patient safely to the inappropriate departments in West Virginia University Hospitals
11. Applies electrocautery and ablation pad under supervision of the Physician
12. Training to include all modalities to support departmental needs
13. Instructs radiography students in the clinical setting with regard to patient positioning, technique selection, manipulation of equipment and the use of accessory devices to obtain Radiographic images
14. Monitors and interprets Hemodynamic monitoring.
15. Maintains the confidentiality of the patient and unit information, without infraction, as monitored by supervision.
16. Prepares entry site applicable to the procedure using sterile technique.
17. Maintains two areas of specialization as defined by the department.
18. Participates in Inventory Management of the department.
19. Checks and prepares patient prior to procedure.
20. Participates in performance improvement activities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 pounds.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to; moving mechanical parts; airborne particles; body fluids; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
3. The work environment is clinical by nature.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Possesses the interpersonal skills to positively and effectively communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
2. Motivation and drive for continuous development of self.
3. Cooperatively interacts with the health care team to support and contribute to the shared group goals.
Additional Job Description:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 72
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WVUH West Virginia University Hospitals
1700 WVUH HVI 2 Southeast