Patient Services Rep Cardiac Cath Lab Full Time Day Shift
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
- Responsible for complex patient/customer problem solving, including high level discernment when registering patients in treatment rooms.
- Performs administrative functions, including, but not limited to: assists with patient check-out; schedules complex patient appointments, incoming/outgoing referrals, surgeries and tests, including medical record review of incoming referrals; builds provider schedule template; navigates external patient referral portals; reconciles multi-department deposit.
- Obtains insurance authorizations and/or verifies that prior authorization has been obtained; assists with retroactive insurance denials/appeals.
- Responsible for complex EMR/EHR scanning and Right Fax faxing and uploading to EPIC.
- Responsible for identifying and reminding patients of health maintenance gaps.
- Ability to perform the role of Patient Services Representative, Associate when necessary.
- Actively participates in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate and completes all position and unit safety related competencies and requirements on a timely basis.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant experience insurance billing, access management, patient financial services, electronic health records, lab service support or other related experience Required
SITE – Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital – 100 Michigan St – Grand RapidsDepartment Name
Invasive Cardiology – Meijer Heart CenterEmployment Type: Full time
Shift: Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours: 36
Hours of Work: 8:15 am -4:45 pm
Days Worked: Monday-Thursday, Monday -Friday, rotating
Weekend Frequency: N/A
Spectrum Health requires all team members to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions based on the team member’s job category. Spectrum Health is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health’s application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected.