Manager Inpatient – Cardiac Cath Lab
- Responsible for the coordination and integration of resources necessary to care for a population of critically ill patients undergoing diagnostic and interventional procedures. Advanced practice healthcare professional and clinically experienced in administrative responsibility. Competent in the application of management principles, formally participates in institutional planning and decision making that have an impact on the scope of practice and the laboratory environment. Responsible and accountable for the implementation and maintenance of laboratory standards. Demonstrates expert level technical competencies in their field. They are able to perform all of the duties of the Cardiac Technologist. Assists leadership by functioning as the department charge when necessary, completing projects within specialty area and various department projects as needed. Supports CVS expectations, just culture, the unit philosophy, goals and standards of care. Participates in institutional planning and decision making that have an impact on positive outcomes for patients within the laboratory environment. Demonstrates responsibility, authority, and accountability for implementation and maintenance of laboratory standards.
Ability to work with growth and development needs of unique client populations. Possesses a thorough knowledge of cardiac, vascular anatomy, physiology, hemodynamic principles, X-ray techniques, and emergent and routine cardiac care. Utilizes effective communication skills, knows change processes, promotes efficiency, assists with recruitment and retention, and utilizes conflict resolution. Participates in budget planning, and completion of employee evaluations along with other duties assigned by manager. Ability to be on-call for emergency procedures. Schedules needs to be flexible to come in early or stay late for meetings or departmental needs. Ability to work overtime when necessary. Assists with inventory and product standardization. Assists leadership by functioning as the department charge when necessary, completing projects within specialty area and various department projects when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Healthcare related field is preferred. Incumbents currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a defined graduation date may also be considered.
- If educational background is in the field of nursing, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of three years Cath Lab, Vascular Lab, or Interventional Radiology experience is required.
- Graduation from an accredited school, college of nursing, or completed Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist or Radiology Technology Program. Attendance in a pre-licensure nursing program that included supervised clinical experience across the life span as a part of the curriculum or have had a minimum of 400 hours of experience as a RN or LPN at another facility is also preferred.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Technologist, Radiography (RTR) required within 18 months from date of hire.
- For Registered Nurses: Currently holds an unencumbered RN license with the State Board of Nursing where the practice of nursing is occurring and/or possess multistate licensure if in a Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) state. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific licensure, competencies and certifications.