IR CathLab Nurse
Interventional Radiography Registered Nurse
The Interventional Radiography Registered Nurse will be clinically competent while delivering care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. IR RNs will effectively demonstrate sound judgment, interact with patients, significant others and other health team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing to deliver high quality patient care safely and timely.
- Scheduling of Patient Care
- Oversees efficient procedure appointment schedules based on physicians’ guidelines. Reviews patients’ schedules in advance, ensuring efficiency and safety guidelines are met.
- Ensures urgent procedures are identified and scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients.
- Reviews procedures’ cancelations by patients or staff, validates the reasons, utilizes sound judgment to provide new appointment or communicates effectively or informs the referring provider of the cancelation, documents in chart the actions taken and or sends certified letter based on established guidelines.
- Maintains Procedure scheduling worklist and seeks assistance from MA staff as appropriate.
- Delivery of Patient Care
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and side effects to drugs and treatments to physician and records in EMR; administers prescribed medications as directed.
- Assists physician in preparing for surgical and minor procedures including per-op evaluation, intra operative sedation, and monitoring, post-operative recovery of the patients.
- Updates patient chart utilizing EMR system.
- Adheres to all documentation guidelines as instructed and provides accurate documentation in the patient’s electronic medical record. Effective communication with providers when order isn’t completed for any reason.
- Disposes of contaminated items according to regulations
- Instructs patient and family regarding multi-specialty treatments, medications side effects and gives instruction on how to alleviate systems.
- Telephone prescription requests to the pharmacy or utilizes electronic transmission of prescriptions in EMR.
- Replenishes supplies, stocks and cleans rooms and manages pharmaceutical supplies.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriated care and positive working relationships.
- Communicates physician referral requests to staff via EMR for necessary processing.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Follows established M.I.S.S policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental and infection control guidelines.
- Assist with clerical duties such as patient registration, insurance authorization, scheduling, coordination of referrals, procedures, tests, follow up visits for patient, respond to and refer incoming telephone calls, or any other required task.
- Utilizes leadership skills in overseeing and assisting other members of the health care team to prioritize and resolve issues.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Clinical Director, Practice administrator or the physician.
- Patient/Client Focus, Communication Proficiency, Problem Solving/Analysis, Discretion
- Teamwork Orientation, Stress Management/Composure, Leadership Ethical Conduct.
- Registered Nurse degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Training in interventional radiology nursing care.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a hospital.
- Minimum of one-year ICU, OR, ER, IR, recovery room, or Cath lab setting.
- Valid registration as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Current ACLS, Advanced cardiac life support
|Expected Hours of Work:||This job is either part or full-time position in a clinical setting with operating.|
|Equipment Used:||1. Computer
3. Surgical Equipment
|Working Conditions:||1. This job operates in a hospital setting.|
|Physical Demands||While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, and bending. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.|
|Forms Used:||1. Patient Registration. Pre-op and Post-op
2. Patient Authorization or consent.
3. All EMR Forms including MedicalRecords.
|Computer Software Used:||1. PACS System, Electronic Medical System
2. Microsoft Office
|Internal/External Business Contacts:||1. Referring Providers, Patients, DiagnosticLaboratory, Pharmacies, Third Party Vendors|
M.I.S.S grants equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and forbids discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy pertains to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.
Please contact 4158024232 or email your resume email@example.com