Echocardiographer I or II – PRN/Supplemental
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, a not-for-profit, faith-based integrated healthcare system, is seeking an Echocardiographer I or II – PRN/Supplemental to join our onsite team. In addition to providing evidence-based care that promotes an exceptional patient experience, you will be responsible for performing echocardiogram and exercise echocardiogram examinations including color flow mapping, cardiac doppler imaging and 2-D m-mode on assigned patients without assistance.
- Perform routine, emergency, doppler, and special (including Contrast Echos and TEE Echos) procedures on patients independently
- Prepare position of patients before examination, taking into account acoustical window, lung interference, patient’s size, rib interspace distance and congenitally abnormal anatomy, and answer patient questions
- Attend and participate in, as a member or chairperson, departmental/hospital committees or group meetings as appointed or assigned, and participate in quality monitoring and evaluation activities
- Initiate code procedures, administer first aid or CPR as indicated in emergencies
- Clean equipment, perform minor repairs, and report the need for any major repairs
- Graduate of an accredited program (of at least 12 months) in diagnostic cardiac, medical sonography or cardiac ultrasound
- Minimum of two years of full-time clinical experience performing Echocardiography
- Current AHA “Heartsaver” Certification
- Credentialed as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult or Pediatric Echo from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Must have good balance/coordination and the ability to exert force up to 50 pounds
About Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Our culture is built on purpose and passion, and the numerous awards MLH earns each year reflect that; we’ve received Best Regional Hospital in the Memphis metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE magazine’s list of Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma (#11), Best Workplaces for Women (#11) and Best Workplaces for Diversity (#60), Becker’s Hospital Review list of 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare and Top Workplace by The Commercial Appeal. Ask any member of our team, and they will tell you that working at MLH is inspiring and rewarding. They’ll speak of our Power of One culture and the personal commitment each of us makes to put patients and families first, live our values, work as one and embrace new ways to get better results. And they will mention the close relationships they develop, the collaboration they cherish and the support they receive from leaders and peers.
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare currently has several exciting openings across our organization. For a complete list of available positions, please visit our website at https://www.methodisthealth.org/careers/.