Director of Nursing Cardiac Cath Lab
Director of Nursing – Cardiac Cath Lab
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
At Houston Methodist, the Director Nursing position is responsible for the 24-hour management of the assigned nursing units and departments in terms of the quality of nursing care delivered, as well as for planning, organizing, leading and evaluating nursing services within area of specialty. This position provides leadership and oversight in the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives of the Department of Nursing. The Director Nursing provides strategic direction for nursing and business operations, responsible for establishing strategic and tactical plans for clinical services, new programs and human resource allocation. This position promotes a practice environment that empowers nurses to provide effective, compassionate, efficient and knowledgeable nursing care. The Director Nursing works in cooperation with the Medical Staff to ensure regulations and accreditation standards are maintained.
The Director position responsibilities include overseeing the activities of the department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency to accomplish strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position is accountable for employee engagement, adequate staffing levels, budget development and compliance, staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also ensures training, monitoring and operations initiatives are implemented which secure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/government regulations.
- Master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Nursing.
- Three years in a clinical setting, two years’ management experience.
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially about activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction initiative and effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory and accreditation agency requirements that impact department; stays abreast of industry changes.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills-strong written communications and platform presentation abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
- Capable of leading teams/facilitating groups, building consensus and garnering highest confidence in professionalism and work product by senior leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities; highly responsive and solution/action oriented.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles east of downtown Houston, is the area’s only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. There are two medical office buildings adjacent to the hospital with physician offices and clinics. Houston Methodist is bringing excellence and quality care to East Harris and surrounding counties.
About Nursing at Houston Methodist
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High nurse-to-patient ratios
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of female, minority, disability and veterans.