Cath Lab Tech
Position Type FA: Full Time
This position assists physicians during diagnostic and interventional catheterizations, cardiac device implantations, and peripheral vascular procedures. Interventional radiology procedures as well as hybrid OR procedures. Monitors patient vital signs and hemodynamics during procedures and performs hemodynamic calculations when necessary. Documents pertinent procedure details as well as evaluation results, progress reports, treatment plans and other data using appropriate formats and systems.
This position supports candidates with Nursing or Paramedic/EMT-Advanced program experience as well as other clinical health care fields!
*Relocation, Hiring Bonus and Housing Assistance are available for experienced Cath Lab Techs!
**Starting wage begins at $33.12/Hr and INCREASES Based on Experience
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska’s interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
10 hour shifts, four days per week
- Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
- Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
- Produces high quality images by panning the table for cases and adjusting radiation parameters, and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures (scrub, monitor, circulate) if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
- Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
- Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
- Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Must possess a certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited in one of the following: Radiologic Technology (RT) program, Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) program, Ultrasound, Respiratory Therapy, Nursing , Paramedic/EMT-Advanced program or other clinical health care field.
BLS and ACLS required.
Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
National Certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) preferred.
Cath Lab experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.