Cath Lab Tech
WHAT WE NEED
A precise and pleasant technologist
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Working in a cardiac lab is a serious job but it’s also a job where your people skills really shine. Our Cath Lab Technologists don’t just run tests, they work with people. They help put people at ease. They explain complicated procedures in everyday terms. They build a bridge between the diagnostic test and the doctor’s diagnosis. If you are accurate and respectful, highly trained and compassionate, dependable and friendly – we’ve got a great place for you.
Are you good at following precise instructions? Can you explain complicated procedures in friendly, comforting ways? Are you trained on the latest cath lab equipment and tests? Keep reading to learn more about your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Interpret data gathered during procedures and recognize potential implications in patient care or complications as it relates to cardiovascular diseases.
- Operate physiologic recorder/database system with expertise recognizing arrhythmias and normal/abnormal waveforms.
- Collaborate and communicate with other room staff and schedule coordinator to maximize the productivity of the entire department.
- Train and educate new employees in the cardiac catheterization lab.
- Operate the radiographic equipment utilizing radiation safety procedures.
- Provide assistance to the Provider performing the procedure.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior clinical experience in a healthcare setting.
- Adapt to high volume and high stress areas.
- Instruct and orient employees and students in the proper performance of diagnostic procedures and functions of the department.
- Develop own ways of working effectively and efficiently.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critically evaluate and analyze information in written materials.
- Solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Develop effective relationships with patients, hospital departments, and other external parties.
- Supervisory and team leadership skills, including coaching, engaging and developing employees.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) –Training & Education Cardiology 5; Training & Education Cardiology 2; Other Duties – Lab Tech Cardiology 2; Provider Support; Education Cardiology 1; in x-ray technologist; Patient Care Cardiology 16; Patient Care Cardiology 10; Productivity Oversight Cardiology; Patient Safety Cardiology 3; Associate’s Degree – Graduate of accredited school of Radiology technology; Bachelor’s Degree – Graduate of accredited school of Radiology technology; American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association; Licensure –