Cath Lab Sr Manager
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
Manages and facilitates patient centered care for designated patient populations. Serves as a resource and provides leadership assistance to achieve optimal clinical, operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Collaborates with all departments to assist with patient flow and process improvement. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources. May analyze data and healthcare trends to gain efficiencies and improve patient outcomes.
Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Responsible for selection,orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to department practices. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Requires clinical experience and certification as: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI), or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) with advance certification in Cardiac/Vascular. Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable.
- Requires ACLS certification.
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through a minimum of two years of management experience relevant to patient population.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
- Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements.
- Master’s degree
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.