Cath Lab Special Procedures Technologist
*** $15,000 Sign On Bonus for experienced candidates
A rewarding career for those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today!
As a Cath Lab Specials Procedures Technologist within our Cardiac Cath lab at Banner Del Webb Medical Center, there are exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances.
The Cath Lab Specials Procedures Technologist is an integral part of the Cath lab team and is responsible for many duties, including imaging responsibilities, scrubbing, circulating and monitoring during the procedure. You will be an active partner with the physician during the case and are essential to a wide variety of cardiac and vascular procedures.
Full-Time: 4 10 hour shifts per week 6:30am-5:pm
Night, Holiday and Weekend Call
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
*** Requires 12 months of experience; 2 year commitment
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.