Cath Lab Radiology Tech
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $10K Bonus (for Techs with a minimum of 12 months experience) or a $7,500 Bonus (for Techs without experience).
- Must maintain FTE of 0.6 or higher in a Bonus eligible unit.
Over 250 different procedures are performed in IR. Reading Hospital is stroke certified and works in conjunction with the neuro interventionalist to perform cerebral angiograms. Our staff works closely with the oncology population performing chemo embolization’s, and staff perform SIRT, Y90, TACE, Dialysis graft interventions, and vertebroplasty. Our staff will work in conjunction with OR teams to perform Trauma procedures and OB/GYN procedures.
- The Radiologic technologist is a vital member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Physicians, Physician Assistants, Technologists and Nurses who each bring expertise to the area of patient care.
- The Radiologic Technologist performs radiographic procedures, producing images for the interpretation by or at the request of a licensed independent practitioner.
- Radiographers must demonstrate an understanding of the human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology.
- Radiographers must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
- They must maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety.
- Radiographers prepare, administer and document activities related to contrast media and medications in accordance with state and federal regulations or institutional policy.
- Ensures the delivery of quality care and remains sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- Use professional and ethical judgment, along with critical thinking in performing their duties.
- Engages in continuing education to enhance patient care, public education, knowledge and technical competence while embracing lifelong learning.
- Post High School Diploma Program
- Must have Cath Lab experience
Certification and Licensure
- ARRT Certification
- BLS Certification
- Certification-eligible technologists must become certified and registered by passing the ARRT certification exam within 3 months of employment to remain employed.