Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist
- Completion of a formal program in Radiation Therapy
- Registered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) as a Certified Radiation Therapist
- Current New Mexico State license in Radiation Therapy
- Fluent in English
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates linear accelerator and or Superficial X-ray machine for the treatment of cancer patients.
- Sets up and positions patients for their daily treatments as outlined in the patient care plan.
- Schedules patients for their daily treatments.
- Performs daily machine warm up and QA data checks.
- Will be on call for any after hours (emergency)
- Operates conventional and or CT/Simulators.
- Sets up and positions patients according to physician and or dosimetrist instructions.
- Constructs special treatment aids and devices.
- Effectively communicates with staff and patients.
- Informs the physician and or nurse of any changes in the patient’s status during treatments.
- Explain to patient and/or family as to what will occur during the treatment process and answer any questions that may arise.
- Maintain daily documentation in patient’s departmental treatment chart
- Maintains CEU’s as required by the ARRT and the State of New Mexico.
- Attend patient care, quality assurance and departmental staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service Standards into their daily work.