Cath Lab Manager at AdventHealth
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Location: 1500 SW 1st Ave., Ocala, FL
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Up to $25,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available!
- Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
- Affordable cost of living
- Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
- Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
- Family friendly with many parks and recreations
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
The Manager has 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility for the quality of services, operational management, and human resource management to support all cardiovascular cases performed in the cardiovascular cath lab and support percutaneous procedures performed in the CVOR. The manager fosters collaboration and a team environment with surgery, nursing, and ancillary departments ensuring the highest quality patient experience possible. The Manager fosters the integration of the organization’s vision and values and accomplishes the mission and strategic plan through an accountable work team. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Manager collaborates with patients/customers, families, physicians, administration, and associates to exceed customer expectations in a patient focused, healing environment. The Manager will have a broad understanding and strong knowledge of procedures in the cardiac cath lab, electrophysiology lab, and cardiovascular operating room inclusive of structural heart, electrophysiology, and invasive cardiology. The Manager will have a strong understanding of department procedural requirements, equipment, and staff, exercising professional judgment in performance of services and maintaining a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. The Manager has and maintains clinical knowledge and skill to serve in situations in direct patient care as needed. The Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of department policies and procedures, budget planning & accountability, comprehensive education, and core competency evaluation programs for Cath lab and electrophysiology lab staff, maintenance of staffing and scheduling management, quality improvement outcomes and employee engagement. The Cath Lab Manager will work in a collaborative effort with supply chain, finance, and leadership to initiate a program in capturing lost revenues and patient charges. The Manager will report directly to the Director Cardiovascular Services.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Manages daily operations within the Cath Lab and Electrophysiology Lab to include staffing, payroll, scheduling, and physician support.
- Collaborates with office staff and scheduling to ensure a positive scheduling process experience for patient, physician, and office staff.
- Fosters staff development through positive communication of expectations, feedback, coaching, evaluation, and discipline.
- Leads and facilitates associate engagement initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skill within department, interdepartmental, and in the community.
- Models and ensures culturally respectful environment for patients, customers and associates.
- Communicates frequently with staff through informal and formal process, e.g., staff meetings, daily safety huddles, emails, and newsletters.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and business information.
- Recognizes and manages risks.
- Ensures maintaining of JCAHO, OSHA, CMS, and state standards.
- Direct oversight and management of both Cath Lab and Electrophysiology Lab American College of Cardiology Accreditations.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed: (Taleo)
- RN BSN, CV Technologist, or ARRT
- 2+ years leadership experience preferred
- 2+ years Cath lab experience preferred
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- ACLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Licensed Registered Nurse OR
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.