Skip to content
- The incumbent in this position assists with all invasive cardiovascular procedures in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- BS preferred.
- Appropriate IV insertion and EKG training.
- Minimum of six months as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
- Additional cardiology exposure desirable or similar/related job experience.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT) or Radiology Tech (RT) preferred.
- Current knowledge and techniques in cath lab.
- Knowledge of cardiology meds, EKG monitoring and starting IVs.
- Must be able to act quickly and remain calm in stressful and emergency situations.