Cardiovascular Technician – Cardiac Cath Lab
Title: Cardiovascular Technician
City / State: Brookfield, WI
Location: Ascension Elmbrook Hospital
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Additional Job Details: 1.0 FTE / Days. M-F variable shift start and end times 0700-1700, Average of one weekend per month on call and 1 evening per week on call. Ability to travel to between locations of Elmbrook and St. Joseph Hospitals.
How will Ascension benefit you?
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Assist with procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the cardiovascular system.
- Prepare patients for procedures. Review medical history, position patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as appropriate.
- Interpret, describe and report test results; recognize recording errors and artifacts and react appropriately.
- Monitor patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly report any abnormal findings in patient’s condition.
- Prepare and maintain equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Ensure equipment is properily functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- One or more of the following required:
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 18 Months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 18 months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 18 months of hire date or job transfer date. General Radiography is also required in addition to any specialty. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required within 18 months of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
Graduate of accredited program in Cardiovascular Technology
BLS and ACLS certification
1-3 years experience in patient care setting, preferably in the Cardiac Cath Lab
Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary’s, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.