Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2
- Days, vary
- The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 provides safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient. Assists the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cath lab with the preparation of the sterile field, selection and preparation of instruments and supplies, manipulation of cardiac catheters, guidewires etc. and injection of contrast media. Administration of medications, including moderate sedation, as directed by the physician. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Uses standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Must successfully complete 100% of assigned yearly clinical competencies. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem-solving.
- 1-3 years of experience in interventional Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology Lab performing Cardio Invasive Specialist duties or equivalent years of experience as a nurse working in a critical care hospital unit.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and /or Graduate of an accredited, school of Cardiovascular Technology or radiology Technology or equivalent education and experience.
- BLS, ACLS
- Registered in one of the following: RCIS, RCES , RTR VI, RTR CV, RTR CI; unless a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. If doesn’t possess one of the above registries, must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
- Verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required.
- Proficient in English.