Cardiovascular (CV) Radiology Technologist – ADIT
Fairview Health Services is hiring a Cardiovascular (CV) Radiology Technologist to join our Cardiac Cath Lab team at our M Health Fairview Southdale location in Edina, MN. This is an ADIT Union position.
The CV Radiology Technologist performs all phases of special imaging procedures. This role is part of a multi modality team, whom serviced over 4000 procedures in 2022. The technologist will assist physicians in coronary and electro-physiology rooms, once oriented. Procedures done in the Cath Lab department include; Diagnostic and interventional coronary procedures as well as TAVR, WATCHMAN, device implants, ablations. Radiology staff support radiation safety, image management, and utilize infection control standards.
Schedule: This position will be working 0.8 FTE (64 hours every two weeks). The shift length will be 8 hours on the day shift.
- Typical working hours for the role are 8:00am-4:30pm M-F.
- The position will take overnight call one shift per week and be avail to work late one shift per week on a as needed basis to support the operation of the hospital.
- Weekend call is required every 4th or 5th weekend along with one major and one minor holiday per year.
- Call requirement is to be at the hospital within 30 minutes.
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits. This includes medical, dental, vision, HSA, PTO, 403B, tuition reimbursement, and so much more! Please follow the link here to learn more information: Fairview Benefits
Fairview Health Services is an industry-leading, award-winning nonprofit that offers an entire network of healthcare services. Fairview is one part of M Health Fairview, a partnership between the University of Minnesota, M Physicians and Fairview Health Services. Together, we combine the University’s deep history of clinical innovation and training with Fairview’s extensive roots in community medicine. Our care portfolio includes community hospitals, academic hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, senior facilities, facilitated living centers, rehabilitation centers, home health care services, counseling, pharmacies, and benefit management services.
Apply today to join our 34,000+ employees and 5,000+ system providers working to build lasting relationships with the people we serve: our patients, our communities, and each other.
As a Cardiovascular (CV) Radiology Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in crafting and implementing improvements.
- Performing diagnostic, vascular, or other related procedures to aid in diagnosis determination.
- Assists Radiologist and/or staff physician in special procedure performance to expedite patient flow.
- Ensures proper patient identification on all images and completes all computer functions according to departmental policies including proper film marking, electronic transfer of images, scheduling, tracking, charging and film jacket preparation.
- Maintaining supply inventory to ensure availability of required items.
- Assisting in maintenance of equipment to ensure accurate function and availability.
- Training alternate staff to provide adequate staffing.
- Coordinating coverage for special procedures and after-hours services.
- Maintaining knowledge of, and following, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associate degree from an accredited Radiologic Technologist program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (RT)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- 1 year of experience in Special Procedure Department/Cath Lab
- ARRT MRI certification or successful completion within 18 months of hire
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled: All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status