CARDIAC CATH TECH
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22-mile radius in Sussex County, DE ***
Team Beebe! One Beebe! Beebe Healthcare is one of the largest employers throughout beautiful Sussex County, DE and we have exciting career opportunities available for qualified professionals.
CARDIAC CATH TECH
Assists the Cardiologist with cardiac catheterization, Swan Ganz, pacemaker, TEE/CV, IABP, Percutaneous Coronary Interventional procedures and other minor procedures requiring moderate sedation administration. Operates and maintains associated equipment within the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Renders patient care, utilizing past radiological, cardiovascular and technical education and experience in accordance with their Delaware licensing or certification. Work requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct patient care appropriate to full spectrum of patient population. In order to be considered for the position, please send your resume to email@example.com and visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org to fill out an application.
- Must complete Point of Care Testing training as part of Department Orientation.
- Must be registered within profession (ARRT or RCIS).
- Must be licensed with the state of Delaware as a Radiation Technologist.
- BLS and ACLS certification must be obtained and renewed on a yearly basis.
- Demonstrate a complete working knowledge of all equipment within the department.
- Maintains a knowledge of sterile supplies and techniques utilized for procedures in the area of responsibility.
- Assists physician with scrub duties utilizing sterile technique to prevent cross-contamination, set-up trays and prepare and position patient.
- Assists physician in circulator role by positioning the patient to obtain digital films and by giving medications / contrast (if tech/RN certified) under MD supervision in accordance with departmental policy.
- Assists physician in the recorder/monitor role documenting the case, balancing calibration and operating physiologic recorder and calculates and reports patient information from data gathered in the cardiac cath lab.
- Reviews patient chart for appropriate information such as indicators which may indicate risk to the patient, maintains the holding area and assists in transporting patients.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self according to prescribed safety standards. Maintains controlled drug inventory according to prescribed controlled drug policy.
- Assures that the crash cart and drug box are accurately supplied and dated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and can initiate code procedures or administer first aid or CPR as needed.
- Prepare and administer contrast media or medications under supervision of the Cardiologist.
- Assists in maintaining inventory and ordering supplies.
- Actively participates in product evaluation to determine best and most cost effective product.
- Notifies coordinator when supplies are low.
- Maintains daily work log and participates in the follow-up on patients.
- Rotates in an on-call status.
- Actively participates in performance improvement process to include evaluating, reporting and follow-up recommendations.
Credentials – Essential:
- ARRT-CV – Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiography
- BLS – Basic Life Saving certification
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Competencies and skills – Essential:
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills To Provide Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
- Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
- Associates Degree in related field
Education specialization – Essential:
- Cardiovascular Technology
Education equivalent experience – Essential:
- OR CARDIOPULMONARY OR RADIOLOGIC
We are experiencing tremendous growth which allows us to offer more services to more people in more locations. Beebe Healthcare offers you a healthy, supportive culture where you can truly flourish with an excellent patient-focused environment, and leading-edge technology. Working at Beebe provides a feeling of community and a place to call home away from home.
Join our team of heroes today to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
Visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org/careers to apply and for more information
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958