Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
- Days (rotating weekends)
- The Cardiac Cath Lab technologist under the direction of the Cath Lab Supervisor is responsible for performing the daily operations for the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- The Cardiac Cath Lab Tech is responsible for direct and indirect patient care, scrubbing for diagnostic/interventional cases and hemodynamic monitoring.
- Other departmental duties as assigned, such as: ordering supplies, maintaining inventory, cost efficiency, providing appropriate information towards future needs and actively supports process improvement within the Department.
- The Cath Lab Tech demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of adults and adult-geriatric patients in the Cath Lab.
- The individual demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served.
- Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Graduate of CVT program; or graduate of an educational program in radiology accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology or a military training program of equivalent standards.
- Equivalent experience and education of 5 years in lieu of formal training program (applicable to Radiologic Technology education only); in lieu of education, two years previous Cath Lab experience doing complex Cath and peripheral procedures
- Graduate of CVT School or RT Program and one year cardiac Cath Lab experience
- If RCIS: RCIS Certification from applicable accrediting body required within 6 months.
- If Radiologic Technician: Certified Texas Medical Board Medical Radiologic Technologist; Registered Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; if hired prior to 4/13/12 and been performing x-rays since 1987 AND was grandfathered in by the state of Texas, only CMRT required.
- BLS Certification required upon hire. ACLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Three to five years of continuous clinical experience in the Cardiac Cath Lab/Special Procedures Lab
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.