Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Cardiac Cath Lab Tech – CCL Tech – Full Time
- Under the supervision of interventional physician and department management team, performs all routine diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic angiographic or catheterization procedures.
- Assures equipment is functioning properly.
- Produces and evaluates data, information and images used by the physician in the performance of the procedure.
- Assists team members in all aspects of patient care, monitoring patients vital signs, interpreting status information and function in one or more of the following: monitor, scrub or circulating technologist.
- Educates patients, family members and Cath team.
- Processes results, archives images and stocks inventory with monthly outdates checked.
- Education/Licensing: Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Oregon State License. Current ACLS and BLS required upon hire.
- Previous general diagnostic / interventional vascular and cardiology preferred.
- Previous EP experience highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently, responsibly and in a team-oriented atmosphere with multiple work demands.
- Must be able to respond appropriately in emergency situations that may arise in high risk procedures.
- Ability to perform essential job functions and job specific competencies.
- Knowledge of basic cardiac anatomy and physiology, cardiac pharmacology and basic ECG interpretation skills.
- Proficient in the operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of all equipment in the interventional areas.
- Must possess strong interpersonal relations skills with a high sensibility to the needs of others, including the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, patients and their families, supervisors, peers, volunteers and other customers.
- Call as required.