Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Cardiac Cath Lab Tech-(12K Sign on Bonus for Eligible New Hires)
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified Cath Lab Technologist like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Arlington
- Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Full Time (40/hr/wk) working first Monday-Friday 4 10’s plus call including weekends
- We are currently offering $12k sign on bonus for Eligible New Hires
At Texas Health Arlington Memorial we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1958. Our location in central Arlington provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding areas.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, a Chest Pain Center and a Heart Failure Center. We have been recognized by the American Heart Association with a Gold Plus award for the exceptional care we provide to our stroke, heart failure and chest pain patients. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a designated Magnet hospital. Our community members recently recognized us as the best emergency department in Arlington. And we were recognized by Blue Cross/Blue Shield as a Blue Distinction Center for care of our patients receiving Hip and Knee Replacement and Spine Surgery procedures. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, women’s health and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
- Associate’s Degree Applied Science Required Or Other completion of accredited program in radiologic or cardiovascular technology Required Or H.S. Diploma or Equivalent 2 Years work experience in invasive cardiology Required
- 1 Year Preferred
- 2 Years required with high school diploma Required
- 1-2 Years Cath Lab experience strongly preferred
ARRT – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire Required
Or RCIS – Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Upon Hire Required
Or RCES – Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist Upon Hire Required
And CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist if ARRT Upon Hire Required
And BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
- Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
- Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
- Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies)
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures
- Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID
- Obtains patient history
- Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
- Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient
- Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
- Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
- Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
- Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
- Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
- Maintains attention to details
- Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed 8. Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS
- Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS
- Prints laser images from modality or PACS
- Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling and other modalities
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Adjusts technical factors
- Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
- Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
- Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
- Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
- Stocks supplies
- Exchanges and maintenance of film badges within designated time frames
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
Professional Accountability and Partnership
- Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
- Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
- Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
- Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
- Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Why Texas Health? As a Texas Health Cardiac Cath Lab Tech, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Resources a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being an Cardiac Cath Lab Tech:
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment.
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com. #LI-LB1