Takes radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for x-rays and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiology Technician credentialed from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Cardiographic Tech specializing in Invasive Vascular Cardiology credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Certified Cardiographic Tech specializing in Adult Echo credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Graduate of a 2-year allied health program required
- Two years of experience preferred.
- Current BLS required
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
- Degree from accredited ARRT program required
- 1-3 years Cardiac Cath Lab experience preferred
- Flexibility to meet variable department schedule needs
- Perform on call duties according to scheduled rotation.
- Typical rotating start times – 7:00am, 8:00am, 8:30am
Click here to apply / learn more