As a Cath/EP Lab Schedule Coordinator, you will be responsible for accurately scheduling procedures. Your responsibilities will also include coordinating with clinical departments on schedule modifications and ensuring accuracy and completeness of patient charts prior to patient arrival, and checking in patients as they arrive to the waiting area.
- Verify complete and accurate clinical, demographic and financial information during the scheduling process. Confirm pre-authorization. Enter data in scheduling systems or other applications. Provide the patient with prep and other appointment instructions
- Answer telephone calls according to designated scripting for the scheduling process and act as liaison to physician offices.
- Maintain positive patient service at all times
- Follow guidelines for special requests / Stat / schedule modification procedures and coordinate communications with clinical areas to accommodate the patients’ requests
- Identify and communicate opportunities to enhance the scheduling process in order to optimize lab resources and achieve highest level of patient satisfaction
- Coordinate with other hospital departments (i.e. Patient Access/Registration, Patient Financial Services, etc.) to ensure smooth arrival process for patients
- Work with the vendors to schedule procedural support
- Welcome and check in patients arriving for procedures
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of experience in invasive procedure scheduling or related environment
- Heart Saver certification or obtain within 45 days
- 3+ years in Cath and/or Electrophysiology Lab scheduling preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work with a variety of customers
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software / system / equipment / excel
- Knowledge of functions, relationships and terminology within a hospital / surgical environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Experience working collaboratively in teams
- Experience assisting with process improvement initiatives
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Click here to apply / learn more