Assists the physician in the performance of invasive cardiac & vascular procedures under the guidance and supervision of an experienced Cath Lab Tech. Supports to: Director, Cardiovascular Services. FLSA: Non-exempt
- Identify steps in established procedures to provide technical assistance for selected diagnostic and interventional invasive cardiology procedures, which include supply, equipment operation, monitoring, imaging and use of medical devices
- Use hemodynamic and ECG monitoring, including interpretation of data.
- Scrub assist for all diagnostic and interventional CV procedures including preparation of supplies and instruments, preparation and maintenance of the sterile field, preparation and manipulation of cardiac catheters, guide-wires and devices
- Injection of contrast media from the sterile field as directed and supervised by the physician
- Documentation of procedures and patient information according to hospital policy
- Assist to coordinate procedure schedule as assigned
- Assist with inventory control as directed by the supervisor / manager
- Ensures adherence to departmental policies regarding radiation safety and monitoring and universal precautions.
- Assists with maintenance of rooms via completion of end of month checklists.
- Practice standard infection prevention measures, including hand washing (ie: after touching patients and upon entering and leaving patient rooms.)
- Patient Experience: Employee shall endeavor to provide a superior patient experience.
Minimum Education (required):
- Completion of a RN, RCIS, Radiology Technology program, Respiratory Therapist program for RRT, Paramedic Education Program.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Performing and interpreting 12-Lead EKG
- Knowledge of cardiac & vascular anatomy & physiology, disease processes, treatments, and complications.
- Knowledge of diagnostic & interventional cardiac & vascular procedures, treatments, and potential outcomes.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
- Perioperative Nurse (CNOR)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Healthcare Imaging, Paramedic, or Respiratory experience
OR New Graduate RN or New Graduate RCIS program
Registered Radiologic Cardiovascular Interventional Technologist (RT-CI), or
Radiologic Cardiovascular Technologist (RT-CV), or
Radiologic Technologist (RT-R), or
Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or
National Registered Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (NREMT-P) or
RN license in the State of Georgia