This position provides aid under direct supervision of a cardiologist in Imaging by Exposure to Ionizing radiation, and other procedural technical functions that assist the cardiologist in performing a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. May provide local infiltration and of a local anesthetic at the operation site. Participates in and peripheral vascular interventional procedures as appropriate.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Determines specific equipment needed per procedure.
- Reviewing permit and consent to confirm procedure and special needs.
- Appropriately select and set X-ray equipment properly under the guidance of registered Radiology tech or Doctor.
- Acts as radiation safety source for team.
- Monitors procedure medications equipment and all chronological events.
- Assists in moving and positioning the patient.
- Performs “Time-Out” in accordance with DHR policy
- Appropriately drapes the patient using sterile technique.
- Assists in maintaining establishing and maintaining hemostasis by direct pressure, using and applying of appropriate closure device.
- Ability to utilize unipolar and bipolar electrocautery.
- Maintains the integrity of sterile field.
- Assist with insertion of femoral arterial line and Swan Ganz lines
- Performing any other duties or procedures incident to the procedure deemed necessary and directed by the cardiologist
- Assist in resuscitation of patient during cardiac arrest or other life threatening events in the procedure room.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiology technology with an associate’s degree in radiology technology. Must have a current A.R.R.T and T.D.H. license if a graduate of a Radiology Program.
- Or, surgical tech having graduated from an accredited program with current CST with commitment to challenge RCIS at the end of one year employment, or a current RCIS certification.
- Or, Respiratory tech with a current RRT with commitment to challenge RCIS at the end of one year employment, or a current RCIS certification.
- Or, must have successfully completed an accredited CVT program with commitment to challenge RCIS at the end of one year employment, or a current RCIS certification.
- Must be credentialed in BLS with ACLS and PALS optional.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Six (6) months continuous experience in cardiac catheterization lab preferred.
- Angiographic special procedure experience preferred.
- Must have vast anatomical knowledge.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner.
- Exhibits tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
Click here to apply / learn more