Experience and Education
- Graduate of an accredited Invasive Cardiovascular or Radiology program with an Associates Degree. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.nRegistered by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists and the Texas Department of Health or registered as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist; BCLS and ACLS.
- One year cardiovascular experience in a Cath Lab or Radiology Special Procedure Unit.
- Sets up for procedure adhering to sterile technique. Prepares patients by attaching hemodynamic monitoring equipment. Observes and evaluates patient symptoms and responses. Practices patient safety goals.
- Demonstrates effective aseptic technique throughout performance of procedures. Assists with selection and insertion of proper catheters.
- Operates table and positions patient for optimal fluoroscopic visualization. Sets parameters for radiation dose and digital acquisition of images. Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self by adhering to prescribed practices and safety standards.
- Records hemodynamic data, patient symptoms and responses. Recognizes and communicates any changes in EKG, blood pressure, oxygen saturation or any other parameters to physician and team.
- Transports patients in safe manner to and from Cardiology depart- ment.
- Maintains and reports par levels for all products. Restocks rooms and removes outdated products.
- Troubleshoots minor problems with equipment. Notifies supervisor and Biomed as appropriate.
- Reports errors promptly and takes appropriate follow-up action to rectify error. Works cooperatively with staff and supports staff new to environment.
- Responds to patient’s and/or patients family’s complaints in appropriate and effective manner. Serves as patient’s and family’s advocate. Reports complaints to Manager or their designee. Utilizes chain of command appropriately to resolve patient, operational, or personal work related problems.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as directed. Attends at least 80% of scheduled staff meetings and attends 100% of mandatory educational sessions.
- Completes charge sheet after each procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Click here to apply / learn more