Spec Procedure Tech II
Under general supervision, the Special Procedure Tech provides direct care pre, intra, and post for patients undergoing Heart and/or Vascular procedures to assist physicians and delivers quality patient/family centered care. The incumbent may be required to perform IV starts, prep patients, monitor hemodynamics, operate equipment, document procedures, vascular access site management, and provide patient/family education.
1. Monitor patients undergoing routine invasive, interventional procedures. Provide intra-procedural technical support and quality patient/family centered care.
2. May be required to perform and record hemodynamic/physiologic wave forms and calculations.
3. Communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, patients, families, and all ancillary departments while consistently demonstrating the Beaumont Standards.
4. Perform quality assurance checks on technical equipment. Perform department skills validations.
5. Maintain radiation safety standards for staff and patients in compliance with the Beaumont Radiation Safety Department.
6. Required to take On Call per department schedule.
7. IR Special Procedure Techs must be able to 1 st assist physicians using sterile technique, and fully participate in 3D imaging, vascular, and cerebral cases if performed at the site.
8. Cath Lab Special Procedure Techs, if performed at the site, must be able to utilize IVUS, FFR, OCT, ICE, EKOS.
9. EP Lab Special Procedure Techs, if performed at the site, must be able to utilize ICE, participate in device Implants, and circulate in all other EP cases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training :
Interventional Radiology requires completion of an accredited radiography program (JRCERT).
Cath Lab/EP Lab requires employee to be a graduate of Cardiovascular Technologist program, Associate degree in cardiovascular technology/basic science, Paramedic license, Exercise Physiologist, or equivalent training and/or education.
B. Work Experience :
Clinical experience required through graduation of one of the above listed programs.
2 years of experience in EP, Cath Lab or IR is required.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration :
IR requires BLS certification and active RT status upon hire, RT-CV or VI within 2 years of hire.
Cath Lab requires BLS and ACLS upon hire, Registered RCES/RCIS/RT certification, and IABP certification.
EP Lab requires BLS and ACLS upon hire. Registered RCIS/RCES.
D. Other Qualifications :
Basic computer skills, math skills, exceptional communication skills, and outstanding customer service skills.