Tri-City Medical Center
Posted July 11, 2019
Department: Radiology Tech
4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA, USA
- Salary:Similar jobs pay $27 – $38 an hour(Indeed estimate)
A professional caregiver who performs diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision; uses independent judgment to accomplish the efficient completion of prescribed radiologic procedures utilizing good patient care and proper radiation protection standard; processes images; assures correct images; accurate billing and file documentation; records information related to exams into department computer system. Performs other activities in support of clinical team members when not engaged in imaging activities. The Radiologic Technologist provides service in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission and values.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Performs radiographic examinations and assists with fluoroscopic examinations. Checks all x-rays to ensure quality standards concur with physician requirements.
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as ordered by the physician.
- Performs Image quality checks on exams to ensure diagnostic quality. Ensure accurate patient demographic when entering data into the RIS and PACS system.
- Assists physician with medical examinations and dissemination of patient education materials.
- Positions and instructs the patient for examination. Adjusts equipment, determines proper technique and exposure parameters for each radiograph.
- Operates mobile x-ray equipment in operating room or patient exam rooms, as requested.
- Cleans imaging equipment, which includes x-ray machines, procedure tables, portable x-ray machine, Cassettes, screens, and grids.
- Ensures safety of self, co-workers and patients by strict adherence to departmental safety procedures. Checks and tests equipment in accordance with established safety protocols and Title 17 and other required State regulations.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Good customer service skills
- Experienced in fluoroscopy, preferred
- Experience in emergency and operating room, preferred.
- Experience with portable radiography equipment preferred.
- Experience with minor invasive procedures, preferred
- CRT (California Registered Technologist) license, required.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ) license, preferred.
- California Fluoroscopy Permit ** New graduates or out-of-state applicants must take and pass the Fluoro Permit exam with the first 6 months of employment. Technologists who have not obtained the State Fluoroscopy Permit will not be allowed to perform fluoroscopy procedures.
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS within 1 year of hire, required (Cath Lab only)
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.