Cath Lab Technician
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Our Electrophysiology (EP) lab is one of the newest labs in Boulder County and the second EP lab in the north metropolitan area. Our lab allows us to offer the most advanced treatments for Afib and other heart rhythm disorders. Our lab includes the newest technology, such as:
- A robotic x-ray system
- Latest 3D mapping technology
- Peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional treatments
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed community hospital, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. We’re especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of America’s 100 Best Hospitalsaccording to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and Paid Time Off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Cath Lab Tech you need to know how to:
- Assist in performing interventional radiology and cardiac interventional procedures
- Assure that digital films are processed and printed properly to aid in diagnosis by radiologist
- Set up procedures and prepares rooms for further procedures, prep patient for each type of procedure and communicate with patient to help alleviate apprehension
- Act as the primary responsible party to monitor and alert the physician or circulating RN immediately of any dysrhythmia or other ECG changes or changes in blood pressure
- Interpret pressure waveforms while monitoring, identify pressure site and assure that automatic calculations are correct, edit if necessary and bring any unusual or abnormal findings to the attention of the Cardiologist immediately
- Record procedure and pressure data on cath report for billing purposes and update past procedures on patients with previous cardiac catheterization
- Perform advanced hemodynamic monitor applications
- Access locked med rooms for the purpose of restocking and other clerical functions
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Diploma, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy, Radiologic Technology or Cardiovascular Technology, required
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) OR Cardiovascular Cardiopulmonary Technologist/Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CI registry), required
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications, required
- At least two (2) years of related experience in a catheterization laboratory, cardiology non-invasive laboratory or other cardiopulmonary area, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Cath Lab Tech on our team we hope you’ll join us. At Good Samaritan Medical Center you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.