Cardiovascular Tech I Cath Lab
Baylor Scott & White Health
- The Cardiology Technician I Cath Lab for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) provides care for patients having procedures in the Cath and EP Lab in the role of monitoring, scrubbing and circulating.
- In addition, the Cardiology Technician I Cath Lab for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Fulfills education requirements and demonstrates unit-specific competencies required to maintain qualification.
- Completes unit-specific competencies for all phases of patient care within four months and annually thereafter.
- Cross trains to assist in Cath/EP lab holding areas and procedure areas as directed.
- Makes progress toward becoming credentialed as a RCIS.
- Takes person responsibility to participate in professional and technical learning experiences to continuously improve and further the quality of job performance.
Participates in direct patient care through collection and processing of cardiovascular data.
- Accurately records and performs preliminary analysis of data in a professional manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs high quality ancillary lab testing.
Provides advances cardiac care to ensure quality patient care and enhances patient safety.
- Scrubs for procedures utilizing sterile technique to include set-up and assisting physicians and precepts these skills as directed.
- Supports patient care team by assisting in the circulating role.
- Safely and effectively achieves hemostasis following vascular sheath removal.
- Responds to changes in patient status in a timely manner and collaborates appropriately with other care personnel.
- Consistently meets required response time when on call.
Utilizes and ensures proper operation of patient care equipment to include imaging, hemodynamic, lab and emergency for quality control purposes.
- Performs daily equipment checks in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Accurately performs and documents daily control checks and calibration of lab equipment.
- Independently and safely operates patient care equipment correctly, interprets and responds to data appropriately.
Participates in education, research and performance improvement activities to enhance and maintain personal and departmental qualifications and standards of performance.
- Willingly participates in performance improvement and research activities when indicated.
- Serves as preceptor for new staff, ancillary staff and students in a professional and supportive manner as directed.
- Participates in self evaluations when requested, setting realistic goals.
- Attends Staff Meetings with a minimum of 50% attendance.
The ideal candidate possess an Associate’s degree (two-year program) or equivalent formal training program, previous experience in a clinical setting, i.e., Respiratory Therapy, EMS and/or Cardiology.
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, Irving
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Cardiology
- Shift/Schedule – Full Time; Monday-Friday 6:30AM-3PM
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ü Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ü 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ü Tuition Reimbursement
ü PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent