CARDIAC CATH LAB TECH
- Graduate from an approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Minimum of one year cath lab or special procedures experienceLicense or Certification Requirements:
- Current registration with the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
- Current ARRT registration
- Assists in hemodynamic monitoring and recording on current system.
- Assists in patient admission process, post-procedural care, transportation of patients throughout the facility and patient discharge.
- Assists physicians with insertion of permanent pacemakers/AICD’s.
- Assists the physician with the maintenance of sterile field and catheter insertion and placement.
- Assists with insertion and maintenance of arterial/venous lines, swan ganz catheters, temporary pacemaker electrodes, Intra Aortic balloon pump, post-care of equipment, IVUs, Rotoblator, PPM and AICU’s.
- Communicates appropriately with peers, physicians and those involved in the patient care continuum.
- Communicates patient concerns, status, labs, etc., to physicians, charge person, floor nurses, family members and patients as needed.
- Conducts post procedural sheath removal.
- Conducts staff, patient and family education.
- Follows radiation safety guidelines.
- Operation of current x-ray equipment.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement.
- Responds to all unit and/or patient emergencies.
- Tests and documents equipment performance.
- Use of current film processor and film developer; use of digital archival system.
- Verifies and witnesses informed consents.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.